I know we are a few weeks into the new year… but I’ve still been reflecting on 2015 and the lessons I learned. So I wanted to share them with you…
- It’s great to be recognized.
- Hard work does pay off.
- Coasting in life will catch up to you.
- It’s ok to take a break.
- It’s not as big of a deal as you think (whatever your it is).
- God really is in control.
- Rest is essential.
- Listen to your body.
- Accolades feel good but they don’t pay bills nor do they determine your worth/value especially if you don’t believe it.
- You are worth more than you could imagine.
- Marriage is hard some days.
- Being a parent is one of the hardest but most rewarding jobs out there.
- Don’t let people determine or steal your worth.
- You are awesome.
- You do good work….NO… you do AWESOME work!
- You’re not as good at being an entrepreneur as you thought… Building this empire is going to take more work than expected. But it will be worth it.
- Focus… Distractions are everywhere and an annoyance to someone with the attention span of a gnat.
- Stay the course. If you quit you’ve got to start over and some times starting over sucks when you realize how much further you could be.
- Learn the lesson.
- Everything isn’t for you.
- It’s ok to reprioritize and re-evaluate.
- Everyone who says they are for you, isn’t really for you. They just talk a good game. But the people who are really for you, are really for you. Be thankful for them.
- Trust your gut. Listen to the Holy Spirit.
- Own your call and gift. Be ok with being anointed an set apart. No need in hiding or putting it on a shelf.
- Boundaries are important… Set them and keep them in tact.
- You have to be more consistent. Remember that repetition plus consistency = success.
- This is just the beginning…..
I’m sure there are other lessons I missed and will add as time goes on .
Take some time to really reflect on 2015. Write down all the lessons 2015 taught you and then share a few with me.
Until next time…
Remember to Live Purposefully!