Click here if you would rather LISTEN to this week’s article.
On September 1st, we celebrated my son’s first Birthday. I am still in sheer amazement that this year has flown by so quickly. Some days I feel like it was just yesterday that I was bringing him home from the hospital. During my pregnancy, lots of people would tell me to ‘take it all in because it goes by so fast.’ To be honest, I still have family, friends and even strangers share the same sentiments as Dallas grows and gets older each day. So as I sat and watched Dallas sleeping the night before his birthday, I thought to myself, am I really taking it all in and have I done a good job of enjoying ‘the moment‘ in spite of still rushing through many of my days.
Well it depends on the day, and what is happening. There are some days that I am on point with spending quality time with my son, taking lots of pictures and just being in the moment with him. However there are other days that the day flies by and I wonder where it went, why am I so tired, and how did bed time arrive so abruptly.
You probably have those moments too where you are…
- …living life so nonchalant that you wake up some days wondering where the time and days have gone.
- …thinking how did I get here and why haven’t I stopped to smell the roses.
- …wondering how do I get back on track to taking it all in and paying attention to the things that really matter in my life.
Well just in case this is you and you are wondering how to get back on track or how to stay on track, here are a few suggestions that I’ve learned to implement.
- pause… take some time to just pause and really take in where you are, what’s going on, how it makes you feel, etc. Many times we are so engrossed with where we are trying to ‘be’ instead of focusing on where we are right now. STOP IT… tomorrow will take care of itself. Enjoy TODAY.
- document… journal, take pictures, talk about it and celebrate it with others (family, friends, etc.). Some times the best way to enjoy the moment is to create memories of that moment so that you have it beyond that day.
- celebrate… no matter how small a goal is or how small the moment, take it all in and CELEBRATE yourself and how far you’ve come. Think back to where you were a year ago and get excited about the fact that you made into another year and that you are in a better place.
BE INTENTIONAL about your life, your goals and your future and THIS MOMENT of time in your life. Be in the moment, Be present, and Be attentive. This moment may never come again and when it passes you will not be able to get it back, so do everything you can, even as tired and warn out as you may be feeling, to ENJOY EVERY MOMENT of your life.
WHY… because YOU are worth it.
As a matter of fact, say this….
Today I will take in every moment of my life because I AM WORTH IT! I may never get another chance to embrace all that life is giving me at this very moment, therefore I AM TAKING IT ALL IN!
Until next time…
Detra M. Trueheart, Your Personal Life Empowerment Coach
Get your FREE COPY of: “How to Overcome Mental Roadblocks to Living Life IN & ON Purpose”
WELCOME to all of our new subscribers! – Encourage your friends and family by sharing this article and invite others to subscribe to TrueheartWrites.
Want to reprint the article? Sure, please feel free to forward TrueheartWrites to friends and colleagues, but please forward in its entirety. TrueheartWrites is written and distributed by TrueheartSpeaks Enterprises.
Detra M. Trueheart is a motivational/inspirational speaker and life empowerment coach. Her company, TrueheartSpeaks Enterprises, is dedicated to helping you live life IN purpose ON purpose. Learn how Detra can help you live with more purpose, passion and peace, visit http://www.trueheartspeaks.com.