Where did the time go?
So today marks the last day of the first half of the year. Six months down, therefore meaning, we have six more months before we welcome a new year. Seems like time is flying by… And guess what? IT IS!
As you reflect on what you have or have not been able to accomplish these past six months, what changes are needed to get the momentum going or what do you need to do more of to keep it moving along?
Some people spend so much time dwelling on what they can’t do instead of doing what they can using baby steps toward a particular goal. What have you been saying you’re going to do but still have done nothing? What plans have you written down but haven’t taken any real steps to implement? If tomorrow is not promised and yesterday is already gone, what are you doing TODAY to live a life of passion and purpose and to be true to you? Remember where you are is what you make it. It’s your choice.
Research shows that many people can see success for others but not for themselves. Why is that? Is it because they think they’re unworthy, don’t have what it takes or are just plain scared to take the leap of faith to go for the gusto? Could it also be that they don’t have the right people in their corner helping to cultivate and develop that fire inside that propels them to live a passionate & purposeful life?
So let’s get back to you, specifically… In these next six months what will it take for you to get moving and to see and work toward success for yourself and not just for others? Enough with the excuses, are you really ready to make the changes needed to live the life God purposes for you to live? Are you ready to do something you’ve never done to get something you’ve never had and so desperately need in your life.
My Challenge to you…
To help get you started, here are some suggestions for you to implement TODAY:
1. Make a decision to do something. Don’t just think about it, make a firm and concise decision to pursue your life of passion and purpose. When you make a uncompromising decision to get started, things will begin to change.
2. If you haven’t already written them down, write down your goals and then break them up in bite-sized pieces. There is a saying that says ‘how do you eat an elephant’ and the answer is ‘one bite at a time.’ This is exactly how you accomplish a goal that seems insurmountable. The key is to do something CONSISTENTLY, not just every now and then.
3. Do something. Don’t just sit around ‘a hopin and a wishin’ things would change or things would happen. Make them happen.
4. Do it consistently! As stated above, be consistent in accomplishing your goals. Do something everyday with no excuses and no distractions. When we allow excuses and distractions to keep us from our goals, we lose sight of our priorities. It is said that it takes 21 days to make a habit. Just think how far along you will be if you do just one thing everyday to get you closer to your desired goal. Consistency is key.
5. Get a coach or accountability partner to stay on track. Research shows that when you have someone holding you accountable, you are more likely to get things done.
I hope these suggestions have been helpful to you. Remember to thine own self be TRUE, for out of the abundance of the HEART, the mouth SPEAKS… speak life and be true!
Until next time…
Detra M. Trueheart, Your Personal Life and Empowerment Coach
P.S. Encourage your friends and family by sharing this article and invite others to subscribe to www.TrueheartSpeaks.wordpress.com
Want to reprint the article? Sure, please feel free to forward TrueheartWrites to friends and colleagues, but please forward in its entirety. TrueheartWrites is written and distributed by TrueheartSpeaks Enterprises.
Detra M. Trueheart is a professional speaker and life and empowerment coach. Her company, TrueheartSpeaks Enterprises, is dedicated to helping you live life IN and ON purpose. If you want to find out how you can enjoy life with more purpose, passion and power, visit www.trueheartspeaks.com.
© Copyright 2011. Detra M. Trueheart. All rights reserved.