As this year comes to a close, I am reminded of some of my greatest accomplishments this year. So I figured that although everything didn’t go as planned, there were a few things that did.
Here are my top 11 accomplishments in 2011…
1. Gave birth to my son on 9/1/11. I just love Dallas Miles Trueheart. My husband and I sit and stare in amazement at this wonderful blessing that God has given us. We just love him to pieces. Some days I still can’t believe I am someone’s mommy
2. Celebrated my 35th birthday. What a milestone. Who knew that being 35 could feel so good!
3. Celebrated my 5th Wedding Anniversary with my love, DKMT. With so much negative talk about marriage and so many marriages falling apart, I am thankful for another year with my husband. Anything in life is what you make it, and we’ve decided to make ours GREAT!
4. Graduated with my second Masters in Mental Health Counseling. It was definitely a struggle some days but I did it (while pregnant with my son)
5. Expanded the services of TrueheartSpeaks Enterprises by launching the coaching component of my business.
6. Being able to share my gifts with you all via, speaking, coaching and writing
7. Being allowed to wake up each morning and experience God’s grace and greatness! I don’t take it for granted.
8. Working with this year’s YMBP contestants. I get so much out working with my girls each year but I also love giving some much to them as well.
9. Having so many wonderful people in my life who love and care for me. Many people can’t say that. I count it a blessing to be loved. And though some wouldn’t consider it an accomplishment, I do because it takes work to not only develop but maintain great relationships.
10. Becoming a parent and sharing in the experience of caring for my son. This could have been attached to giving birth to my son but I could them separately because giving birth and having my son was an experience in and of itself, while being a parent (as some of you know) is also an experience alllll by itself.
11. Finally having an opportunity to live my dream as a, Entrepreneur as a speaker and life coach. Being your own boss isn’t always as easy as we think but it’s so worth it. I would work for me any day!!!
Hopefully you enjoyed reading my 11 in 2011. I tried to keep it simple . Now that you’ve taken the time to read my 11 in 2011, take a few moments, and write down your 11 in 2011. It will help you realize that when you think about it and write it down, you actually have much to be thankful for and that 2011 was probably a lot better than you thought.
HAPPY NEW YEAR… thanks for stopping by each day to read your motivational minute posts. I look forward to sharing with you in 2012 to help you live life in and on purpose.
Before leaving this site, share a few of your 11 in 2011 in the comment section below…
Remember to thine own self be TRUE, for out of the abundance of the HEART, the mouth SPEAKS… speak life and be true!
Until next time…
Detra M. Trueheart, Your Personal Life and Empowerment Coach
P.S. Encourage your friends and family by sharing this article and invite others to subscribe to http://www.TrueheartSpeaks.wordpress.com
P.P.S. Get your copy of my FREE COPY: “Overcoming Mental Roadblocks to Living Life IN & ON Purpose” at http://bit.ly/siAp1x
Want to reprint the article? Sure, please feel free to forward TrueheartWrites to friends and colleagues, but please forward in its entirety. TrueheartWrites is written and distributed by TrueheartSpeaks Enterprises.
Detra M. Trueheart is a professional speaker and life and empowerment coach. Her company, TrueheartSpeaks Enterprises, is dedicated to helping you live life IN and ON purpose. If you want to find out how you can enjoy life with more purpose, passion and power, visit http://www.trueheartspeaks.com.